When it comes to health and fitness there is no real end result. Of course we should always set goals and challenge ourselves physically and mentally, but some people become so obsessed and fixated with getting that perfect six pack or Beyonce bottom or body built like Arni that they lose sight of what’s important….STAYING fit and healthy! Of course having aspirations like these is no bad thing but I think too many people, in this fast paced competitive world that we live in, either want it here and now and will stop at nothing to get it through crazy diets, diet pills and torturous training plans or will quiet simply put in little to no effort and moan about the lack of results and quit! Both of these processes are equally bad in my opinion. We should pat ourselves on the back day to day and celebrate the small ‘wins’ which added together help us achieve a more sustainable long term healthy lifestyle.
I aim to educate my clients to understand that health and fitness is so much more than just going to the gym and eating better. Its about making lifestyle choices to make you physically,mentally (and for some spiritually) the best you that you can be…and to maintain it. What is the point in just looking good for that wedding, summer holiday, Christmas party? Wouldn’t you like to feel and look good all the time? Wouldn’t it be a great feeling to wake up every day and look at yourself in the mirror (just like you did on the day of your wedding/special event) and say “Dam I look and feel fantastic”! This is possible. It is maintainable. You can have this feeling. All you have to do is decide to look after your body…and keep looking after it!
It’s this simple. Follow these basic guidelines and you will be off to a good start
1) make exercise part of your daily routine whether its 15 minutes or 1 hour
2) eat well 95% of the time! (this doesn’t mean salad and chicken only) It means cut the crap and make an effort to balance your meals.
3) Don’t just decide to look good for 1 event, you can use this as motivation, but keep going. What is the point in working hard for 1 occasion and then letting it all go?!
4) Learn more about what you are doing and why you are doing it? Why should you do cardio and resistance training and what are the many different options available to you? Why should you eat certain foods and avoid others? Learn what you are doing to your body and why. Knowledge is power!
5) don’t compare yourself to others. The one thing that is guaranteed in life is that we all progress and adapt at our own pace. There is no one size fits all. You are unique and will progress, improve and see changes in your own time.
6) Ask for help. If you don’t know where to start but you know you want to make some changes then get in touch with us here at West London Fitness. We have a wealth of knowledge within the team and we know how to make ‘fit and healthy’ attainable and personal to YOU.
Georgia Mahony-Personal Trainer-West London Fitness
Please email email@example.com for your free consultation to see how we can help you achieve your goals.
see more testimonials here: http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(west-london-fitness)_289049.htm
West London Fitness Personal Training in